The original necklace was bought by Estrid Ericson in 1934 in an antique shop in Rome. It was as the name reveals Etrurian. Estrid replicated the beautiful shape of the necklace and started to manufacture it in gilded pewter in the 1940’s. This variant is made in silver.
Estrid Ericson began showing new pewter jewellery in December 1943. Some of the pieces were modelled after the National Historical Museum’s jewellery from the Bronze Age. However, the majority of jewellery was her own creations that she developed in the workshop together with Svenskt Tenn’s talented Thure Carlsson. The jewellery quickly became fashion accessories.